With a vision of revolutionising health through innovation and with the help of exercise physiologists and practitioners, Atkins Health currently offers a 6-week results pathway program to its clients for them to achieve their goals. NDSP Plan Managers chatted with Atkins Health to know more about their services.
What is unique about Atkins Health?
As a business, we put a lot of focus on allowing our team to be in their “Genius Mode,” which allows our practitioners to focus solely on building meaningful relationships with our clients to better serve them and get results. We pay particular attention to the client as a person, not a condition, and we set up treatment plans that are specific to their individual needs. We use movement and exercise as our tools.
Atkins Health works with clients in clinics, their homes, aged care facilities, hospitals, and even online. We serve a large range of conditions to help people in prevention, rehabilitation, and the recovery process. The conditions we work with include neurological disorders like Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson’s Disease, musculoskeletal, and spinal cord injuries. We work with clients with cancer, cardiovascular, respiratory/pulmonary, and mental health challenges. We have teams who specialise in women’s health, pediatric, and sports injuries.
What are the core services that you offer?
Atkins Health provides Exercise Physiology and Remedial Massage.
- Accredited Exercise Physiologists specialise in clinical exercise interventions for people with a broad range of health issues. They design, deliver, and evaluate safe and effective exercise interventions for people with chronic medical conditions, injuries, and disabilities. These interventions are exercise-based but include health education, advise, support and lifestyle modification with a focus to achieving behavioral change.
- Remedial massage involves assessment, analysis, and treatment of your body, muscles, tendons, ligaments, and connective tissues, to assist in pain relief, injured or damaged muscles, and rehabilitation. Together remedial massage and exercise physiology offer a comprehensive touch to movement therapy option for people with chronic pain, chronic conditions, and disabilities.
What is Your 6-Week Results Pathway?
The 6-week process starts with an assessment, a clear goals-based plan for improvement and rehabilitation, and a customised treatment plan that will create those results for a client.
At the end of 6 weeks, the client goes through testing to see how successful their pathway has been. We consistently see over 80% success in our client’s 6-weeks testing results.
There are few important reasons why the 6-weeks result pathway is so powerful:
- Atkins Health believes that to revolutionise health, data is important to see progress. We collect and share results-based data with our clients, as well as share how they have progressed over the months.
- We also get to see the results within the community, giving us perspectives and strategies to improve client results within that condition.
- The 6-week testing period offers the client consistency and growth. They are motivated when they see the results that they can achieve instead of feeling disappointed or dejected about not reaching goals. They also help clients build good habits and bring about sustainable change.
- Finally, the 6-week result pathway is part of the overall rehabilitation and recovery plan for each client. Nothing excites us more than when we sign in “discharged” on their final report!
We are excited to offer the community our Atkins Health 6-Week Health Challenge workbook, full of ideas, and support to reach their health goals. Please download the workbook at https://www.atkinshealth.com.au/health-challenge