What we offer – how we support you
- Face to face and online technology training and education
- Set up of new mainstream devices including smartphones, tablets and smart home devices;
- A multitude of topics adapted to participant’s needs and goals;
- Over 20 years of experience
- Affordable cost
- Flexible appointment times
- A genuine passion for helping others
What we deliver – anticipated outcomes
- Improved independence using technology to assist participants in daily living accessing services like MyGov, online banking and more.
- Improved social & community participation via instant messaging, video calling, online hobby groups and social media.
- Improved job opportunities through education on office software, assistance in job search, compiling resumes and furthering education.
- Improved memory and planning using apps, software and virtual assistants.
- Reduced need for family support
About our Founder – Claire Robinson
Apart from her family, the two things Claire enjoys most in life are technology and helping others. Before immigrating to Australia, Claire spent seven years as Marketing Manager for Electronic Arts Inc. During these years, she volunteered her spare time at The Johannesburg Children’s Home, caring for orphans and vulnerable children. Once in Australia, Claire’s roles included National Team Leader on the Google Program, Apple Brand Advocate and QLD trainer for Amazon. In 2019, she registered Basic Tech – a service for people who find technology challenging and want affordable assistance. Basic Tech is a Network Partner for the Australian Government’s Be Connected Program.